Naval Science Instructor (NSI)
Master Sergeant J. Solis
- Entered Marine Corps: January 1987
- Boot Camp and School of Infantry:San Diego, Ca
- Tours of Duty: Marine Barracks, Japan, 3rd Assault Amphibious Battalion, 1st Marine Division, Heaquarters Mobilization Command, Career Counselor, Inspector Instructor Staff in Waco, Tx, Denver, CO, Washington, DC, Houston, TX, Marine Corps Recruiter, Houston, TX, Senior Enlisted Advisor for Headquarters Marine Forces Reserve, New Orleans, LA
- Marine Corps JROTC Instructor Atascocita HS, Humble ISD 2012-2014
- Nimitz NJROTC 2014 – Present
Purpose of NJROTC
- The purpose of the Navy Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program, commonly referred to as “Junior ROTC,” is to instill a value of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment.
- It does not seek any particular commitment to the military. The current legal basis for Junior ROTC is Section 2031 of Title 10, United States Code. That section is implemented by the Department of Defense.The governing directive, 1205.13 “ROTC Program for Secondary Educational Institutions,” is dated June 16, 1982. Department of Defense funds and sponsors JROTC through the Secretaries of the Military Departments.
- MCJROTC is funded and sponsored through the Office of the Secretary of the Navy.Legally, the JROTC program offered in a high school must be no less than three years. Each year of the program contains 180 hours of leadership instruction and application.The program may extend over four years.Your program meets these requirements. Similar programs are conducted nationwide by the other three military services
- Develop informed and responsible citizens.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Strengthen character.
- Promote an understanding of the basic elements and requirements for national security.
- Help form habits of self-discipline.
- Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.
- Monday – Academics (Block A or B)
- Tuesday – Academics (Block A or B)
- Wednesday- Uniform Inspection and Drill with the NS 2-4 (at the HS) **
- Thursday- Physical Training with NS2-4 at the High School (Big Nimitz) **
- Friday – Physical Training with NS 2-4 at the High School (Big Nimitz) **
- (** Weather Permitting or at 9th Grade Classroom)
THINGS TO REMEMBER!
- Be responsible.
- Be respectful.
- Never say “can’t”!
- Work hard and seek constant improvement.
- Stay fit, mentally & physically!
- Take care of each other.
- Keep informed.
- Be on time.